Seeking Production Assistants for New Humanitarian Podcast
Do No Harm is looking for two interns/production assistants to help with research, scripting, and other tasks. Previous podcasting or radio experience not required.
Do No Harm is looking for two production assistants to aid in the production of the first season of Do No Harm. You'll be involved in nearly every part of the process, including researching, pitching, lining up interviews, assisting with scripts, and editing. We're reporting big and quickly-changing stories, and we're looking for production assistants who are highly-motivated to make a difference, believe in the power of storytelling, detail-oriented, think outside the box, and willing to go above and beyond to make this podcast a reality. Applicants should be available 10 hours a week from September through December. While most work will be done remotely, we will hold weekly meetings in Capitol Hill, including conference calls with Amman, Jordan.
- Conduct and compile research: The situation on the ground in Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen is always changing. Help track current food insecurity and cholera numbers while also researching the root causes of the famines and possible solutions.
- Pitch stories and potential interviews: We want to connect listeners with people on the ground in Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen. Help find the stories and the people who will resonate with our audience.
- Assist with interview preparation.
- Transcribe interviews and podcast recordings.
- Assist in writing scripts.
- Write web copy and social media posts.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics.
- Participate in editorial and creative meetings.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20, 2017.